Sunday, December 13, 2009

A complicated relationship with the kingdom Fungus.

She's eaten mushrooms before -- uncomplainingly, early on, but more dubiously in recent months. Not long ago, she took a bite of some sauteed ones I gave her from my plate, and as she chewed them, she got a most curious look on her face, pointed to her mouth, and said, "Dis is ... vegebles?" She finished the bite but wouldn't eat more of them.

Today, I gave her a mushroom from my burger at Taylor's in San Francisco (we had a full morning, the two of us, while R. continues to recover from the Attack of Poison Food or whatever it was). She took it between her thumb and forefinger, assessed it, and handed it back very politely, on grounds that "it looks like doggie poo-poo."

I laughed so hard I thought I might have a stroke right there in the restaurant. The people next to us grew concerned ... but Annika just kept people-watching and eating her grilled cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home