Friday, June 29, 2007

Two-thirds of the way there!

Yesterday (Thursday) we had our 27-week appointment, the one where they make you drink the sugary glucose drink to see if you have what Wilford Brimley calls "dia-BEET-us." All is well, Kid A is measuring right on target, and we're now heading into the 3rd trimester!

Also in the last week, we registered for the classes we're going to take -- there are like a dozen you can do, but we're only taking three: Newborn Care, Breastfeeding, and Labor Preparation. All that bizness is in August, as is the baby shower our friends are throwing us locally -- we specified only one main rule: NO GAMES. And I mean it, if someone tries to get one of those stupid shower games going, I will leave, no matter how much of a grump and a spoilsport that makes me look like.

Speaking of showers ... we've got our shopping list ready, thanks to some friends of mine who have recently had babies, and will be registering soon, we swear. Other stuff keeps getting in the way, but we know we need to do that soon.

OK, gotta go -- the foot pressing steadily against my rib says howdy to all y'all.

3 Comments:

At June 29, 2007 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, man. I hate the sugary drink. I had to do that like 4000 times because I always had sugar in the urine. It was nasty.

 
At July 2, 2007 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, it tasted sorta like flat Sprite. Not as bad as I feared, but not anything I'd ever choose ...

 
At July 3, 2007 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Grandma Janet said...

What a super website! Thanks for letting us keep in the loop without driving you loopy with our questions!

The third trimester! Welcome to the homestretch! I thought it was so amazing to hear about the sugar test that I never took years ago. Modern medicine!

Remember, Lydia, I told you my doctor recommended drinking beer rather than coke because coke would tend to "bloat" a pregnant person. Times, they are a changin' !

The classes sound good, too! It helps to know somewhat what to expect since these little people don't have an instruction booklet attached! (What's that cord for, anyhow?)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home