Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Two firsts

Annika has had two firsts in recent days, neither of which was her doing:

1) She met her buddy -- or, well, our friends' kid, who she'll be seeing plenty of in coming years, but "buddy" remains to be seen, heh! -- Theo, the 11-day-old son of Ian & Kusum (she of the Celia's-parking-lot belly-off). I&K took his mom to the airport and came to our place on the way back, bearing donuts and champagne, two products I personally can really get behind. We sat around for a couple hours, shootin' the shit, talking about new-parent stuff and kind of marveling that we had all come to this point from the halls of Schapiro (where R., Ian and I all lived at Columbia). Good times!

2) She rode in the car with me driving. Oh my, was that stressful (for me). I am not the greatest driver, and having her in the car with me turned the granny-driver factor up to eleven. But it was fine, she seemed not to care (except for the throwing up on the way home, which was sort of probably my fault -- she was full before we left, and the seatbelt was too short since I didn't know how to lengthen it, so she was crunched up), and we made it through.

2 Comments:

At November 15, 2007 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You blame the throw-up on the seatbelt. I think it was your driving... :-)

 
At November 16, 2007 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I found your blog! I can't wait to keep up with those crazy baby moments, they grow up so fast. Trace

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home