Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope for the future

I’m so proud of my country today (though BOOOOOO! to my state for [probably] passing Prop 8) – President Obama … ahhhhhh, that has such a nice ring to it! I’m thrilled that Annika will be living in a country that chose hope and change and the future over the failed, defensive, pessimistic recent past. We didn’t want to move to Finland, but we might’ve had to if the unthinkable had happened, just to try to secure some type of good life for her …

OBAMA! So, so, so awesome. We had hardly dared to dream it, and now it's reality!

We voted yesterday morning, taking her along, and she charmed the socks off of all the poll workers while she took it all in with her big blue eyes. She seems to have brought good luck to us, as always. :-)

2 Comments:

At November 6, 2008 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Amy said...

B charmed the poll workers by grabbing my breast after we voted and saying, "Mama, you have a big part here where you put that sticker!" I bet our poll workers were laughing harder than yours. ;)

 
At November 12, 2008 at 3:55 PM , Blogger One of the Grownups said...

Ha! I bet ... I just laughed like a maniac myself!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home