Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Quotable Annika

A random selection from the notes ...



--"Can I lookit at it?" (Perpetual question -- she wants to look at everything, always!)


--"Let's talk about days. How was your day?" "And how bout Daddy's/Mommy's day?" "And how bout my day?" (Part of the nighttime routine, after reading and before cuddles; we suspect it's a stalling tactic, but it's cute, so we comply.)


--"Go eat a meal. Maybe strawberries and blueberries and raspberries. AND milk. And maybe some mac and cheese." (What she tells you as you're standing at the door ready to say night-night. Again, probably a stalling tactic … but a funny and cute one.)


--"Enemens." (What she called M&Ms for the longest time … she's got it right, now.)


--"Are we going to do X? Yes or no?" "Is that X? Yes or no?" Etc. (A question in a declarative tone -- we think she picked the phrasing up from her babyschool teacher, Ms. May.)


--"I need my little privacy!" (What she says when she wants to go potty by herself, with no help -- came from us asking us if she needed help, or if she wanted a little privacy. Heh.)


--"When I get bigger," "When I get a bigger girl," "When I get three" (We talk a lot about the awesome things a person gets to do when they're bigger …)


--"I'm gonna make something excellent for you guys." (While crafting … and with a build-up like that, we know to expect wonders.)


--"Cambeloke," then, later, "cambelope." (Cantaloupe -- we had a lot of it this summer, and she loves it!)


--Hugging Daddy when he came back from the gym: "I smell something … you smell like fit and healthy."


--"Mushtache." (Moustache … a big deal in our world, what with the fake moustachery always going on at Sauce weekends, and the Magnum, P.I. love.)


--Describing something she drew: "It's not a rectangle -- it's a BIIIG rec!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home